Anyways, my pregnancy has been really smooth for the most part. In the first trimester the nausea wasn't too bad but I was SO very tired all of the time it was ridiculous. At work I was pretty much a walking zombie and at home I found myself just counting down the minutes until Rylee's next nap so that I could lay down with her! Thankfully, the extreme fatigue has faded a bit, although working nights and chasing Rylee during the day would be enough to keep anyone a little tired most of the time.
I had my first ultrasound at 19 weeks and we were able to find out the gender. It's a GIRL!!! I can't tell you how happy I was to know we were having another little girl :) I always wanted a sister growing up, and I think it's nice that Rylee will get to have that. Dave was pretty surprised. I have never known him to be so confident as he was when he told me at about 16 weeks, "It's a boy. I just know it is." So when the ultrasound tech said, "You know, it looks like a girl to me", he said "Are you sure?" and she checked about 5 more times just to reassure him. Three lines baby! (girl parts). After the shock wore off he joined me and was very happy. I told him it takes a very special man to raise girls and that he should feel privileged. If you've seen him with Rylee you know what an amazing Daddy he is to her and how she just adores him and yes, prefers him over me certain times of the day! She's just always been a Daddy's girl. I'm so happy to add another little girl to our family. She doesn't know how lucky she is to have the best Daddy and lil Big sister in the world waiting for her :)
Here are some pregnancy pictures for ya, enjoy!
15 weeks


No comments:
Post a Comment