Apparently a common complication of pregnancy is the formation of gall stones that become painful and this condition often requires surgical removal of the gallbladder. Apparently. Well since I have been pregnant a lot lately, I must have developed some of these "stones" and while celebrating my mom's birthday in Bisbee at Screaming Banshee (which is awesome, btw) I thought I was having a mini heart attack. I gave birth to an ALMOST 9 lb baby NATURALLY (read: no effective pain medication on board, no functioning epidural) and I would much rather experience that again than have to go through another gallbladder "attack".
It was so bad Dave drove from Bisbee to Sierra Vista in about 10 minutes. I think he was a little scared of all of the poopy diapers he would have to change if I died. Kidding (kinda). I am not one to show up to work when I don't HAVE to be there. So to be at the SV ER on a Saturday night and NOT be getting paid... it was serious. I was diagnosed with gallstones and the pain went away on its own, thankfully. I followed up with a surgeon outpatient and had it removed Feb. 3 laparoscopically. There will be no fun photos in this post because I don't want to show off my battle scars just yet. Just know that as far as I am concerned the gallbladder is an extra organ I don't need and I am glad to be rid of it :) The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment